Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Repulican? or Democrats?

Which philosophy of thinking would you like, the republican? or the democrats?

"I have a story for you from forwarded email."

I was talking to the little girl of a friend of mine the other day
who said she wanted to be President some day.
Both of her parents, who are liberal Democrats, were standing there,
so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing
you would do?'
She replied, 'I'd give houses to all the homeless people.'
'Wow - what a worthy goal,' I told her, but you don't have to
wait until you're President to do that.
You can come over to my house and mow, pull weeds, and sweep my yard,
and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use
toward a new house.
She thought that over for a few seconds because she's only 6.
And while her Mom glared at me, the little girl looked me straight in
the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the
work, and you can just pay him the $50?' and I said, 'Welcome to the
Republican Party.'

Her folks still aren't talking to me.

0 comments:

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit